The Fit and Food Connection - Food Assistance Intern
The Fit and Food Connection is a non-profit organization serving families in the St. Louis community working to provide healthy-living programming through our five programs including our Organic Community Garden, Food Assistance, GroupFit, Group Nutrition, and One-on-One Program.
Bring your safe driving record and desire to make a difference to join our team as a Food Assistance Intern. In this position, you’ll pick up, sort, and deliver food donations from partners throughout the community to local families in need. We are currently seeking individuals who will meet every Sunday afternoon at 1:00 PM in the St. Louis North County area to sort food donations and items for families in need. Deliveries will then end around 3:30 pm.
- Break down large quantities of food
- Organize non-perishables onto shelves
- Log freezer and refrigerator temperatures
- Bag food for delivery drivers to transport to families in the community
- Picking up packed groceries at the pantry and delivering food in one's personal vehicle