LifeWise STL - Activity Leader
Activity Leaders play an essential role in the development of scholars (grades K-8) in our program. With general direction under the Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator of Young Scholars Program, an Activity Leader will have the opportunity to create lesson plans and lead enrichment activities to foster the growth of children in their care. They are key to the successful running of the Young Scholars After-School Program.
Activity leaders are responsible but not limited to the following tasks:
- Lead enrichment activities to nurture creativity and explore skills
- Mentor students through reliable and consistent engagement to foster social emotional growth
- Follow general direction and perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator of Young Scholars Program.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Assist children with homework and guide students in their academic growth.
- Implement and support the development of the afterschool curriculum, helping school age children to improve literacy competencies.
- Supervise, participate in, and administer enrichment activities for children.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for participants in the After School program.