Communications Financial Empowerment Ambassador
Job Title: Communications Financial Empowerment Ambassador
Department/s: City of St. Louis Treasurers Office (STLTO) & The Office of Financial Empowerment (OFE)
Department Mission: Develop, produce, distribute, and archive the systems for optimal internal and external communication so that the residents and the region are informed and inspired to make better financial decisions by enabling citizens to enhance their financial wellbeing and provide access to the support/resources needed to reach their financial goals so that St. Louis can be a ‘financially fit’ city.
Services Provided: The City of St. Louis Treasurer’s Office is responsible for the Office of Financial Empowerment, The City’s Parking Division, and Treasury Operations. The OFE offers free credit and money management workshops, individual counseling, financial literacy programming, literacy programming, and college savings plans for SLPS and Public Charter schools. A portion of the Parking Division’s revenue goes to support the college savings plans that fuel the promise pipeline for College Kids.
Contact Person: Felice McClendon
Phone Number: 314-498-5656
City of St. Louis Treasurer’s Office, 133 South 11th Street, Suite 530, St. Louis, MO 63102
St. Louis City Hall, 1200 Market Street, Suite 220, Saint Louis, MO 63103
Treasurers Office/Parking Division, 1515 Clark St. Saint Louis, MO 63103
Clay Community HUB-OFE Extension Office, 3820 N. 14th Street, Saint Louis, MO 63107
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Represent OFE and the STLTO at Community Events- answer general questions about program, distribute promotional materials, collect participant information
· List Management (Donors/Community Based Organizations/Stakeholders/Banks/Partners)
· Data Management/Evaluation & Assessment support
· Organizational Development (support building systems, standard operating procedures)
· Communications Calendar Management
· Digital Asset Management
· Program support to assist activities and events for College Kids and Operation Hope
· Assist with Social Media idea creation and content management
Special Skills Required:
· Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to assist visitors and callers.
· Must possess the ability to use discretion regarding confidential citizen information disseminated in department.
· Must possess a general clerical and technical work aptitude.
· Knowledge of the internet. Knowledge of computer software for word processing and database entry.
· Be able to lift 10-20 pounds (promotional materials and equipment)
Number of hours per week for this position: 20-25